Monday, January 5, 2015

El Cuerpo ... The Body: Learning Body Parts in Spanish

There are two songs I used with little ones that could also be used with older students to teach the body parts vocabulary. First, "Jabón de Coco" by Frank Leto and the other is "Juanito cuando baila." With older students, I had students complete a project called El Chico/La Chica Ideal. They used magazines to clip body parts (each from a different picture) to create a funny Chico Ideal. It is really a collage of body parts, and when done correctly, will look similar to a cubist Picasso piece or a Salvador Dalí creation! Then students were asked to label the body parts in Spanish. I also made body labels with post-its, and had students take turns labeling a partner/body on the ground, and called it "Crime Scene." You can also play "Quién Soy Yo?" with taped namecards on backs, and they have to ask yes/no questions of different people in the room to guess/figure out who they are (by asking questions about their physical characteristics).
Another simple idea is the Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes verse in Spanish, as well as the Simon Says game. With my Pre-K students, I used the "Dos Manitas" song, and you can see my sign language movements with song demo here below on my video.
I hope I prompted your creativity with my experiences. Please let me know if you have other suggestions. Hasta la vista!











No comments:

Post a Comment